About Me

My photo
Keldon, lover, fighter. Anything but a diplomat.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Things we must face.

I had given the droid to a young Keldon whose clutch had fled Urlafa at the end of the Insurrection. Osanj was of Lazebe and as such had a way with codes and numbers. He was also loyal to the resistance as his clutch-brothers had seen first hand the horrors of the Ska'ari occupation of Urlafa. He was someone with the talent to unlock the secrets of the droid modules. He was someone I could trust.

Which is why I was suprised when he contacted me, after months of silence, by a one-way burst subspace transmission.

The initial decoding process took a half hour and revealed only one word. Urgent.

It took Holdorn, one of the deck officers and most computer savy of my crew the better part of the next day to decode the rest. He rushed into my cabin with barely a knock. His scales a ghostly shade I have not seen a Keldon take in years.

"Clutch-Brother," he started, "You must see this at once."
"What is it Holdorn?"
"Death commander, death."

No comments: