About Me

My photo
Keldon, lover, fighter. Anything but a diplomat.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lessons Learned.

"Stupid, stupid, ska-spit STUPID!" I was shouting as the recovery crew on Phao opened up the hatch to the escape pod. My crew followed behind me sullen as we briskly walked from the scorched pod across the hangar deck to the ramp underneath a brand new Scorpion. I swiped the bill from the hands of the human female insurance adjuster, pressing my palm on the smart-flimsy without even looking at the total.

"Clutch-brother you should not be so hard on yourself, we had to fight."

I wheeled around in a fury and pointed my clawed finger into Anthraceyt Muritens face and said calmly, "I am hard on myself because I should know better. A one to one attack on that Mooncrusher was suicide, especially without a shield. I put us all at risk... for what? To say I fought at the first battle of Cor Caroli? No, little clutch-brother discretion is the better part of valor. It seems that for all of my battles I have not yet learned that."

Anthraceyt lowered his gaze and followed silently into the turbo lift that led to the bridge of the new Luna Fuwuyothi. When we all reached our stations, strangely similar to the ones on the destroyed Scorpion, I said softly to Anthraceyt, "Please take us into orbit and set a course for Kitalpha, maximum speed."

"As you command-clutch brother."

Within moments we were across the cluster and I saw from the news feed that Eronime had been destroyed. I gritted my teeth. "Take us into Etamin."

From Etamin we came to Cebece where a long wall of military outposts bisected the sector. As we came to the wormhole to Gomesia one of my other navigators shouted "Clutch-brother, Imperial signatures in the mouth of the wormhole!"

Through the view port the large imperial ships were visible as blackness in front of the near blinding glare of the spacial anomaly. I noticed the recognition codes on a Behemoth in the formation and my eyes widened.

"We have to be quick, target that Behemoth's engines and fire forward EM batteries."

The battle was quick and one sided. The Behemoth did not have any weapons. From the safety of the mouth of the wormhole we watched as the Mooncrushers from moved back in forth in space blinking their indicator lights at us.

"They are taunting us aren't they clutch-brother?" Anthraceyt asked.

"Most likely young-one. However, we are done for the day. Remember, discretion is the better part of valor." I said with a smile.

No comments: